Thursday, May 5, 2011

Veggies and Beef Soup

Ah, surely cooking has always healed my mood. I used to have this kind of vegetable soup back when I was home, so I tried to make it myself today. Usually my mom makes it either with chicken pieces or beef, but since I didn't have any fresh meat I use beef sausage instead.

The ingredients:
1 clove of onion, finely chopped
1 tomato, chopped
2 or 3 carrots, peeled and diced
beef sausages, cut
beef stock
about 2 ounces of beans, cut into 2 cm length
salt, pepper, and nutmeg
a small amount of vegetable oil

How to make:
Stir-fry chopped onion until it caramelized and smells good. Add carrots and beans, add beef sausages about 2 minutes later. Pour in the beef stock and set the medium fire until it boils. Once it boils, set the fire to small, add the tomatoes, and simmer. In about 3 minutes, try the carrot and make sure it is already done, but not too mushy. You decide how soft you want them to be. Add salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of nutmeg. Parsley would be good as the garnish and it smells good too. If you want to add chicken or beef meat to the soup, make sure it is pre-boiled and already chopped so you can add it just when you add the sausages in.

Ready to be served, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment